Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

7 months - week 4

This has been the last week of Cate's 7 month old life :) She will be 8 months old tomorrow! Where does the time go? Mike just realized that next month we will have been in the "new" house for a year! So I guess it's not "new" anymore? But it's all new to Cate!

One of Cate's top teeth have broken through. She is working on the other one. So far it hasn't been too bad. I say that now, but if you had asked me a few days ago I likely would have said something else.

Cate has gone back and forth with the food. We are still testing new flavors and for the most part is eating well and enjoying it. She takes to the fruit alot more because it's sweeter. There hasn't been one flavor that she has really loved yet, other than the apples and pears.

My cousin Stephenie and her daughter Raelee came for a visit this weekend. Raelee and Cate played Thursday night so well. Raelee pretended to be a lion and crawled around while Cate ran after her (with me holding her up). Cate laughed and laughed. She had a great time! When it was time for Cate to go to bed, she drank her bottle quickly and passed out! She was exhausted from playing. Unfortunately Raelee go sick Friday night and we had to separate Cate and Raelee from playing the rest of the weekend.

While Stephenie was here, she and I did some shopping Saturday. I bought a few books for Cate: The Complete Story of Winnie the Pooh (to read when she's older), My First ABC Book, My First Numbers Book, My First Words Book. Mike has also ordered some "cajun" books for Cate: The Cajun Alphabet, Cajun Night Before Christmas, Petite Rouge: A Cajun Little Red Riding Hood. We also went to a consignment shop close by the house and I got Cate a walker, a little drum and a cute jacket. Stephenie got Cate a play table for her to practice standing up on her own.





Stephenie also brought some of her photography gear to get some photos of Cate and of all of us. We attempted pictures Saturday night but Cate was ready for bed and we didn't get a while lot. Sunday morning we all headed to a near by park and took some more photos. They were really cute! I can't wait til Steph sends them over :) Here are a couple I stole from Steph's FB page. More to come...



After Steph and Realee left, Cate finished her nap. She played around some with her new and old toys then we got out of the house for a nice long walk! What a beautiful day it is!


Cate will be 8 months old tomorrow. She has a doctor appointment on Wednesday. We will also have company next weekend. Mike's sister, Courtney, is coming for a visit!

1 comments:

cajunsis said...

She is adorable! So sad that pR got sick - she was looking so forward to the visit. Glad they got a little play time in though. I love that you share Cate with us on this blog. It is so nice keeping up with her. They do grow fast, don't they?

Post a Comment