Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

7 months - Week 3

Cate moved up to Stage 2 foods this past week. So many more flavors to try! Beef macaroni and veggies (smells like ravioli sauce), chicken and rice, chicken and apples, corn casserole, ham pineapple and rice. So far she has finished up the beef macaroni and veggies and the turkey and sweet potatoes. We also started taking a jar of a fruit flavor to school with her. So now she does a bottle in the morning, cereal, fruit baby food, bottle, a meat/veggie baby food and a fruit baby food, then a bottle before bed.

Cate had picture day at school on Tuesday. I dressed her in a light pink dress tank and matching pants. It's a really sweet outfit from Meaux. The outfit is 12 month clothes! She's getting too big! I attempted to clip her hair back, hopefully it still looked okay by the time she took her picture. I didn't think to get a pic of her in her outfit, we'll just have to wait when I get the pictures.

Tuesday evening I tried working with Cate on crawling. I sat her on one side of the living room and I got on the other with one of her toys that lights up and plays music; something to tempt her with. She had all the right movements, just not at the same time! Wednesday night we tried again. She made a few little moves toward me, started looking around and caught a glimpse of another toy she'd rather have and shakily crawled to it! I put her back in her starting place, grabbed the new toy and tried to tempt her from across the room with it and she crawled to me! We then lost the toy and put her down to crawl and she did! We now have a crawler on our hands! She's still a little slow moving and I think she forgets she can crawl and move around sometimes, but she's getting the hang of it and will be everywhere before long, I'm sure!




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_RC18wtgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiU7iHr7I1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuc6rkXxFfc

I picked Cate up from school on Thursday and was informed that Cate has a boyfriend! His name is Ben. He is in her class and their cribs are right next to each other. Apparently that day when the teacher was trying to feed both of them they were holding hands and talking to each other. The teacher said it took so long to feed them because they kept talking to one another. When I went to leave with Cate after hearing the stories of the day, Ben got very upset Cate was leaving and started crying. It was very sweet. I later told Mike about Cate's boyfriend and his only response was "No." :)

Cate and I went grocery shopping this morning and went in search of baby proofing products! We also found teething biscuits! She seems to like them. Cate has been doing very well with cutting teeth this time around. Maybe she's used to it? I still only see one of her top teeth coming in, but I can see it a little more than last week.

1 comments:

Cajunrose said...

Very very sweet! I can't wait to see her again!

Post a Comment